Sunday, June 14, 2009

Preparing for departure


Today is the day!!!!!!!
We leave for Iceland at 9pm and arrive at 6 am.
Our house is almost ready for our friend/dog sitter
who will be living here with Zucca for the summer.
Zucca. Oh man. That dog is watching our every move. He knows something is up and he doesn't look happy.
Dogs are funny like that. Having a dog is like conducting a study in non-verbal communication. One realizes how much can be communicated without uttering a single word. Dogs know when you're sad, mad, scared, anxious, irritated, and happy and respond to each emotion differently.
If I am sad, Zucca comes and sits right down and sidles up next to me.
If I'm in a good mood he wags his tail and plays with his toys.
And when I'm sad about leaving him for 3 months, I don't have to tell Zucca (not that he would understand anyways) but he knows.
He looks at me like, "your leaving me, aren't you."
I am sad to say goodbye, even if it's just for a little while.
In honor of the world's greatest dog I have posted some more pictures of the Z-boy.


<

2 comments:

  1. I hope you guys have a very safe trip. Love to read your blog. keep us updated. Paul and I will be praying for you both! Love, Larysa and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Larysa and Paul and family!!!!!! You guys are the best. And thank you so much for contributing to our crazy around the world honeymoon!!!!

    ReplyDelete